Tuesday, 7 May 2013

evaluation- main task- question 5:What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Q5. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


In order for me to choose which instruction I wanted my movie to use I had to go back and look at my research of the inspirations that I used to help me pin point my movies. These where two movies Carrie which was Distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Screen Gems, cyberbully by Muse Entertainment Enterprises Gaiam and premiered on July 17, 2011 on ABC Family then ABC Family worked with Seventeen magazine to make the film . From this I had to consider the reasons why these movies used theses distributors I thought this was mainly because Carrie was an independent film therefore they had to use independent distributors to attract their main audience. Both of these films are independent films. This meant that as my film was pretty much similar I thought best that I also make my film an independent film to be able to attract the same audiences that these movies attracted. From the findings that I found I decided to use ABC family because they are an American television network a subsidiary of the Disney-ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company who offer contemporary and family programming, including off-network syndicated reruns and original series, feature films and Made-for-TV original movies, this meant that it would be easier for them to attract my target audience because teens love to watch American movies so they would be straight away attracted to my movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
hello there, my name is esther lamboi and im 16yrs old im outgoing, love to have a good laugh. i love movies because it gives me the entertainent i need.It allows my mind to explore the means of how movies are made and where the producers get their idea from.media to me is just exciting and interesting.